Sunday, March 7, 2010

House Guest

Here is the reason I have not been blogging so much lately...


No we didn't get a new dog.  We are dog sitting for a friend of ours and this is her 130lb Great Dane, named Samuel.  Oh, and he is only 8 months old. 

The temps in Michigan have been in the mid 40's lately (heat wave!), which has turned our backyard into mud. 


All the floors and rugs in our home are a mess!  What a time we picked to dog sit! 

So excuse my lack of posts and I will be back soon with some updates to projects we are working on!

14 comments:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

What a handsome man. (By the way, the one I posted about today was 175 pounds!)

Kelly

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Holy cow! That's one big pup. I can imagine that he'd keep you pretty busy!

Laura said...

he's huge AND adorable!

Scientific Housewife said...

Wow, that is a big dog!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Yikes! Great Danes are so cool, but the bigger they are, the more mess they make! haha

Meg said...

Awww! I can't decide which makes me love him more: that face or the fact that his name is Samuel. Best name ever!

I hope you survive dog sitting. Your hands are full!

elizabeth said...

ouch on the mud -
but that face!! What a cutie!!!
You are a great friend!!

Jamie Lee said...

He's so darling! Enjoy dog sitting.

The Brick Cottage said...

oh MY! You are a good friend to be dog sitting for such a big dog! He is a cutie--I wonder just how big he'll end up being?!

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Awww!! I'm sorry for your rugs, but just look at that adorable face! I love Great Danes - we're hoping to get one when we have a house someday.

Good luck keeping up with the mud!

Unknown said...

WOW!! That puppy is huge! He's ahlf the size of your door....whoa

micah said...

Wow, Samuel is super cute and HUGE! Hope you're holding up!

elizabeth said...

just wanted to say hello -
miss your posts
hope everything is alright.

Oona Johnson said...

OH. MY. GOD! I want him - can I have him - look at that baby - oooooohhhh, I just wanna squish that face - sqqquuuueeeeee... I love him! The floors are totally worth it for that squashy face!