Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Surprise Pain!

On Sunday night, I went to bed with a small pain in my side.  Didn't think anything of it.  So I went to bed, but was awoken at 1:30am to the pain worsening.  I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't.  By 2:30am, I woke Clint up and informed him of the pain.  He grabbed me some Advil and water, hoping it would help.   By 3:00am, I was laying on our couch with the heating pad.  The pain felt like it was wrapping around my left lower back to my front.  I had a feeling it was kidney stones.  Clint researched on line and thought it was pregnancy (lets just say he was freaking out a little).  By 4:30am, I asked him to take me to the hospital.

It was confirmed.  I was not pregnant, but had a very abnormal kidney stone that I was not going to be able to pass on my own.  Usually kidney stones are 1-3mm in size.  Mine was 9mm.  After an awesome nurse in ER gave me morphine, I could finally relax.  By 11:30am, a Doctor had come in and notified me that I would have a stint put in and they would break up the stone with a laser on Tuesday morning. 

After a horrible night of not sleeping, the IV fluids making my hands and feet swell, and not being able to eat solid food for a day and a half, I was ready to get it all over with!  It was a success!  When the nurse woke me up afterwards, the first thing I said is, "Can I eat a hamburger now?"  I must say, the pudding cup they let me eat afterwards was the best pudding I ever tasted!  I am home now and in minor pain.  Lets pray this never happens again!

I should be back next week with some awesome finds I scored at an antique store and a couple early birthday gifts to share!  So stay tuned! 

To my fellow Michi-ganers I cannot praise enough the awesome care I received at Beaumont Hospital!  From the beginning, they treated me like family.  If you are ever in need of a hospital and live close to Beaumont of Royal Oak, I highly recommend them!  Although I would prefer not going back anytime soon, it was nice to know I was being well taken care of.

13 comments:

LizzieBeth said...

For the love of all things holy- 9 mm??? That's HUUUUUGE!

I'm glad to see you are doing better! Rest up, and I look foward to reading about your new treasures!

LB

Kristin said...

Oh no! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your ok! make sure you get plenty of rest and just relax. I'm looking forward to seeing your scores and bday gifts :)

elizabeth said...

oh gosh!! so glad your okay now - how horrible -
I can't even imagine the pain
I am looking forward to your antique store finds - hurry

kristi.w. said...

Wow, that is scary! I'm glad to hear you are alright.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

Ouch! I'm glad that you're doing better :).

Oona Johnson said...

You poor baby! I cannot even imagine that kind of pain... You are lucky you have a loving husband who actually believed you when you said you needed to go to the hospital. Mine would be all "Meh, quit being such a baby and go back to sleep".

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

That's terrible! I'm so glad you found out what it was.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Yikes, glad you went to the hospital instead of trying more over the counter stuff!

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better! I can't believe that happened to you!

Kelly

Marcy Tate said...

So glad you are okay. I gave birth to my 3 children each at Beaumont and I agree with you that they are amazing there. We also had a few after hours visits at their children's clinic and other emergency room visits- they are wonderful. But of course, lets all stay healthy and stay out of hospitals!

Jenny @ Anything Pretty said...

Oh wow...how scary and uncomfortable! I am glad they got it taken care of and hopefully it won't happen again!

micah said...

yikes - hope you're feeling better!