Monday, August 9, 2010

The New Game Room

After finishing the laundry room and almost the tool room in our basement, Clint decided he wanted to move his Game Room (or Man Cave) to the basement.  I was shocked, but also happy.  Why?  Because all his sports and video game crap stuff would be out of site!  Then I could actually have my office space back! 

Before we began anything, we needed a plan and a budget.

Our Budget was under $500.  That was including accessories and paint. 

So we began shopping around for ideas.  Lets just say, Homegoods is now Clint's best friend. 

What we need:
- Rug
- Lamp
- Couch
- Chair
- TV Stand
- Dart Board
- Shelving
- Picture Frames
- Storage
- Paint
- Misc. Supplies
- Decorative Thingies

Here are some of our inspirations:
Good news, we had a couch and chair already, after we got our new couch!


Bad news, the cats have taken it over!  Hints why a sheet is over it at the moment.  Apparently, all our cats have glowing blue/green eyes...hmmmm...

Stay tuned for how we transform a boring, spider filled, basement into a stylish, manly, Man Cave!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

How great! Why does every home from the Midwest to the East Coast have basements? I have so much basement envy, its crazy! lol

Back to the man cave, Ikea Expedit is a must!! Check Craigslist you might get lucky and find a one! :)

Danielle and Clint said...

HAHA...Mrs. Chic. I actually found quite a few homes with no basements when home searching. I really wanted one, but at times, it has given us more trouble.

Thanks for the Craistlist tip!

Kate said...

Love the "decorative thingies" item on your list, I have that on my list for my rooms too! :)

Oona Johnson said...

Bah! Devil cats!

BTW, I love my Expedit, BUT put it on legs/risers if you want it to sit flush against the wall. Ours hits the baseboard and drives me batshitcrazy.

Danielle and Clint said...

Thanks for the advise on the shelf! It's good to know.

alanna rose said...

I want to see what you've done :)

I wish I had space for a man-cave for hubs - our next house needs a basement!

Kim at Yellow Brick Home said...

Whoo, kitty party on the couch! Love that.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Too funny how cats can claim furniture as their own. Little bastards!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Can't wait to see it. You can totally do it for that budget! It's gonna be great.

Shannon said...

I love how the cats look up because you are obviously bothering them and their napping! I can't wait to see this makeover!

elizabeth said...

how cool - to get some space back - and I can't wait to see what you do with the "boy" space -
I didn't know you had 3 kitties - they are all adorable - and typical kitties - taking over the "new couch"!!!

Joyti said...

What a fun project.
Don't you know, cats get dibs on EVERYTHING...they have to break stuff in (mine most definitely do).
...is your saving for SF for a trip. How exciting!