Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Need Your Help!!!

So I have been working real hard on finishing my Breeze Way redecorating. I know I know...I kept saying I was going to post pictures. Well, the problem is I have an area that I am not very fond of.

See, there is this bench. It's a little ugly...ok a lot ugly. It was given to me by my parents neighbor. I thought about taking it out of the room, but it's extra seating in the room and I would like to keep it for that reason.




Yea I know. Pretty boring and too country for my taste. Here is where I need your help. I don't know what to do with it. I thought about painting the legs white and reupholstering the cushion. What I really wanted to do with it is have pillows line the back of it against the brick wall. Here is some views of the room, incase you need some ideas of what I am looking for:




So as you can see, I have been working hard on the redo. I will have to note that every piece of furniture in this room was given to me for free. I have painted them all to match and reupholstered the chairs with a much cuter fabric.

So, what do you think I should do? Any tips would be very helpful. Do let me down, people!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I think painting it white would help incorporate in the room. And maybe a solid color fabric for the bench and then if you have any fabric leftover from the chairs I'd mix and match fabrics for pillows to line the back. Maybe add some fringe to the pillows edge! Also if you need room for storage you could cut the wood between the feet and stick wicker or fabric baskets under the bench! Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be fabulous!

Anonymous said...

"they" say every room should have a little black to anchor it. i think a shiny black paint job with a neutral fabric (maybe a houndstooth or a tweed) on the cushion and some inexpensive throw pillows from marshall's or tj maxx could be propped up as a back. then you could change the throw pillows if you ever want to move the bench around and you wouldn't have to reupholster the whole thing. or you could make some pillows out of the same fabric as your chair seats to tie them in with the rest of the room.

Shannon said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting the ol blog. I vote on painting the bottom white and maybe doing some neutral but fun fabric for the cushion, maybe some cream/tan stripes or something like that. Oh and if you're set on pillows against the wall, maybe this would work for you...it's an inflatable headboard

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JAH13Y

my brother just bought one, it's super easy to inflate, then attach (or unattach) to your wall and then you could scoot your little bench right up to it.

h said...

I was going to say to paint it white to match the rest of the furniture but I like sashyjane's idea of painting it black for a little contrast. I was also going to suggest cutting the bottom rail and add some baskets for storage! Either color (white or black) would make a world of difference. Oh and def reupholster it!

Oona Johnson said...

Somehow I missed this post the first time around, did you ever decide what to do with the bench? If not, I think painting the frame a fun color (fuchsia, lime, aqua, yellow) and upholstering the seat in linen would be great in your space!