Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rock Garden

I made a pit stop in Pier 1 not too long ago and saw the cutest labels for my spice garden. On sale for $6 big ones!

The only problem is they only had a label for one of the spices I had, spearmint. I have been trying to find labels for my spice garden since I planted it over a month ago. I planted chive, spearmint, and dill. I plan to build on it with years to come. Probably in different containers.

I swear I want to just eat that dill plant whenever I smell it! So I came up with an idea. What if I just used rocks in my yard?
I washed the rocks off, then grabbed my trustie Sharpie marker and made my own labels!
Of course mine are not as cute at the ones in Pier 1, but I kind of like the homemade look of them.



So there you have it! It cost me nothing in the end and served a very important purpose.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Cute. I have been thinking about doing something similar with paints. I thought I might glaze them when we are finished to make them last a few seasons. I like your little drawings though. I may take that idea with me.

Unknown said...

Happy Friday!
Here is the recipe for the BLT Salad that I am trying...it looks great but I've never tried it! We can experiment together!!!! :)I linked it up on my site now too!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/BLT-Salad-with-Basil-Mayo-Dressing/Detail.aspx

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love the rock idea!

Pretty Neat Designs said...

What a great idea! I think it turned out neat.

Anonymous said...

very cute!

na said...

I may have some tools you'd like to make your rocks even more like the ones you saw in the store... and the best part is, between nature and friends, it will only cost you $0 big ones!