Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cruisin on Woodward

The Woodward Dream Cruise....An annual event that was started up in the 90's along Woodward Avenue in the Metro Detroit area. The event draws quite a crowd. The funny thing is, the event is only suppose to be one day. One day! Well, people are pretty hard core around here about their cars. From the minute that the weather turns nice, car lovers are out there cruisin away, usually on the weekends. The week before is what really starts it off. This Saturday is the big day.

I don't mind the event at all. I acutally find it a little exciting and fun. We have started a tradition where we sit on our front lawn and watch the action. Well, mainly people watch...sometimes that can be more interesting than the cars. :-)

The car culture is very fasinating. It just amazes me the amount of work that goes into each vehicle. It's not just about how loud the car is or how shiny the paint is. It's almost like someone gave birth to their vehicle.

Check out the beauties I found yesterday while walking around:

Beep Beep!

By the way, if you ever decide to visit Michigan or just want to try something new in Michigan, I highly recommend the Red Coat Tavern. Best burgers around!



For miles, all you can see is cars.

This picture is taken from my porch.


At night, all you see is headlights and tail lights. It really is a work of art all in its own. This picture is from my bedroom window tonight.

I have really gained an appreiation for this culture, since moving to this area.

No comments: