Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Wedding

Our big day was on December 19, 2008. You know how you pick a date for something and you think to yourself, naw, it will be a perfect day. Nothing will go wrong. Well, my worst fear for that day did happen. A HUGE snow storm put quite a damper on our day. Guests arrived late, most importantly the judge. They were all tired and not in the party mood, for the most part. Although many of our guests told us they had a fabulous time. It was just such a draining day for everyone.


One thing I have to recommend is for brides to see their soon-to-be hubbys before the ceremony. We did this and I was very happy we did. It gave us a moment of privacy and calmed any nerves.
Our ceremony was great! It was actually our favorite part of the whole day, even though it was only about 10 minutes long.












Our photographer captured a cute moment where Clint gave me his wrong hand to put his band on and we realized it after the fact and ran with it. I think my mom caught it too by her reaction.

After dinner, everything just flew by. I do have to say though, we had a fabulous wedding party! They were absolutely perfect!












The dresses that the girls wore had to be one of my favorite details of that day. I was searching everywhere to find what I was looking for at a decent price. I did a google search and found these fab dresses at Ann Taylor for $80!! I let the girls pick out the ones that looked best on them and found a cute dress for my Jr. Bridesmaid at Davids Bridal. As a gift for the girls, I bought them shaws from Target and gave them $40 towards their dresses. They looked so pretty!



Nine months before the wedding, I had my first grandparent pass away. My grandfather died on March 28, 2008 from Lewy Body Deminita.  As a memory to him, I wore his WWII metal on my bouquet.
We also used my other grandparents cake topper, which was 62 years old.  My grandmother had passed away 2 months before our wedding of heart problems.  It was very sad to not have two important people there that day.






Our first dance was to, By Your Side, by Sade. It was the perfect song for the both of us.


 




















My advise to couples planning the big day: Do what is important to you. Everyone always says it is suppose to be the happiest day of your life. I think the happiest day of our lives was not our wedding day. Don't get me wrong, we were very happy, but I think we did not do exactly what we wanted. We would of much rather did a wedding in the sand, but Christmas is our favorite time of year and we wanted all our family at it. I wouldn't take the day away, but I know now what I would of did differently. The happiest day of our lives was waking up the next day and finally being married. But that is what matters most.



















4 comments:

Susie Mae said...

Not to be creepy and comment twice in quick succession on someone's blog I do not know...but my parent's anniversary is the 19th also, although in Georgia there were no snow storms. Beautiful wedding!

Anonymous said...

I was just looking through some old posts on your blog (hope that's not too creepy!) - what a beautiful wedding! I love those dresses - we used the black floor length version for our bridesmaids. They got theirs for $80, too - what a deal! :) Love your dress! You look so beautiful!

Danielle and Clint said...

Not creepy at all! :-) Thanks for the nice words.

Meg said...

Danielle,

You do not look like a plain Jane at all!! You look GORGEOUS! I love the flower in your hair, the dress, the bridesmaid dresses and the overall look of your big day.

I'm sure the snow gave you a heart attack (it rained pretty much up until our ceremony, which worried me to no end), but I think it's kind of romantic and sophisticated that you were all snowed in.

Maybe you can renew your vows on a pretty beach in a few years!