Monday, August 8, 2011

Nursery Beginnings

I am not usually one who digs wallpaper often, but, the wallpaper in our guest room was always my favorite.  It was that perfect touch of vintage without over powering the room.  A few years ago, I had some left over paint from our bathroom and decided to paint below the chair rail.  The color is Behr Parisian Taupe in semi gloss.  It was the perfect cozy guest room for us!


We always knew we would use this room as the nursery.  It is the smallest room in our home, perfect for a small one.  It also had the best closet for storing baby odds and ends.
Sadly, the wallpaper came down and left us with a bunch of holes and wall repairs. 
Don't worry, I saved a piece of wallpaper to frame for baby.   



It also left us with that awful orange color!  Yikes!



Try taking pictures of orange walls with that lighting...As you can see, not fun.


After the spackling and sanding were complete, next came the paint.  We toyed with the idea of painting the top half a different color.  I had already had my mind set up on painting the ceiling a soft blue.  Behr Waterfall Mist, to be exact.  In the end, we realized the color below the chair rail was really the best choice and our favorite.


We could not be more happier with our decision!  The room feels warm and cozy.  I find myself walking in and out of the room and staring at the walls. 
More to come...

1 comment:

the cape on the corner said...

can't wait to see the progress! that orange was something else, lol.