Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Old Man Cave, Now Office

With moving Clint's Man Cave to the basement, I was able to take back my office!  There was one dark, problem though....


The paint.  Ok, maybe this picture is pushing it.  Do not get me wrong, I loved the color he had originally picked out, but I was sick of having to turn lights on during the day to see in there.  For a few years now, I was begging Clint to let me change the color, to even just a few shades lighter.  He had denied me every time.  I think he liked the dark cave-like feel.


I even tried adding white curtains and furniture to brighten it up.  Nothing worked.

When we decided to move his man cave to the basement to give him more space, I saw my chance.  I started to think how this room would be used over the next 5 years.  Office/Guest Room/possible kids room.  With that said, I had to pick a neutral color that went with what I had.  Thanks to a lovely gift card to Home Depot from a couple hard working volunteers at my work, I was able to nab a can of paint.


I decided on a soft yellow color.  Due to the dark color, I choose the Behr paint with primer.  After two coats, you could hardly tell the room was a dark cave before.


For now, the room will serve as our office.  Color has surely given the room the light it needed!

Somewhere in this picture, a small kitty named Dora is hiding. 

See that rocker there?  Come back Friday for details.

10 comments:

jen @ homeinthecountry said...

I really like the soft yellow - it does look much brighter in there!

Kate said...

A gallon of paint can make such a huge difference. It looks great :) And lol at Dora, she's pretty cute under there!

elizabeth said...

love the new color! I love bright rooms - and it would be perfect for the "future" new little one!! I see Dora hiding under there - too cute! By the way I also love your wood floors!

the cape on the corner said...

it looks insanely brighter in there! mission accomplished! and i see sweet kitty under the rockin' mcm credenza!

Alli (One Pearl Button) said...

Such an improvement! It looks great!

Jenny said...

Wow, what a difference! It looks great, so light and cheery! The last picture with Dora is so cute, by the way!

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Wow, awesome! It's like night and day! :) What is the name of the color you chose? It's just right, not too much yellow. I'd like to paint our office too.

The gray before was still a nice color, but just not for an office -- it would make me want to sleep, not work! :)

Scientific Housewife said...

Looks great!

Oona Johnson said...

I love the yellow, it's lovely! What color is it?

I really like the pattern you came up with for the rocker - very clever.

Unknown said...

I like the new color much better!! Pretty choice