I want to start off showing some befores. The room wasn't a total mess. It had great bones to work with.
That is the pinkish color you see in the area. We had quite a few cans of paint left at our home when we moved in from the old owners. One of those cans was an unopened can of oil base white ciderblock paint! The walls got a refresh. I used primer for the white stripes because I already had it.
For the shelves, I tried to use what I had already, which ended up working well. The only items purchased were the pictures on the top shelf for $5 each! The frames came from the dollar store.
I used the vases to hold sponges, scrub brushes, any other misc. cleaning items.
I need to work on this area, which is to the right of the dryer.
After that, this area is fully complete!
Items I already had:
- Ikea Hamper
- Ikea baskets
- Ikea laundry organizers (black and white)
- Rag Towels
- Shopping bag holder
Here is the break down of what I spent:
- Hot and Cold Pictures from Joann Fabrics - $5.00 each
- Black Frames from the Dollar Store - $2.00
- Paint - $5.00
- Spray Paint (2 Cans) - $6.00
- Iron Holder from Bed Bath and Beyond- $10.00
- Mop and Broom Holder from Home Depot (under the stairs) - $5.00
Total ------$38.00!! (made a small error and forgot both pictures were $5 each, my bad)
Hope you enjoyed my mini make over that made a BIG difference!