Monday, November 9, 2009

New Purchase

When I moved into my home almost 3 years ago, a very old Whirlpool washer and dryer came with the home.  I don't know the exact year of the appliances, but I would guess over 15 years.  Actually, the washer is making a horrible noise and is not spinning all the water out.  The dryer is not drying the loads after 70 minutes.  They have done their job and are now being retired.  RIP

Welcome the new GE Washer and new GE Dryer!

Washer:


Dryer:


Yes, I know.  They are not the super cool, modern looking front loaders.  When it came down to it, I didn't mind the top loader and old fashion design.  Clint wanted the super trendy ones and I will admit, I did like those more.  Our appliances are stored in the basement so no one, but I, look at them.  I couldn't imagine spending more on looks, when these two will do the job for us.  The tubs in both are stainless and as you can see, the washer is an energy star!  Something I learned from the sales person at Lowes, dryers do not come with the energy star.  Interesting.  But I am very excited to welcome them to my home.  They will arrive on Saturday!

Now for a project...creating a functional laundry area in my not-so-pretty basement.  That will be my winter project.  I already scored a $5 can of paint from Home Depot that was on the "oops shelf".  Look for the budget remodel in the next upcoming months!

8 comments:

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

Looking forward to seeing the spiffed up laundry room! :)

Jen @ homeinthecountry said...

How exciting!! I am a little jealous - my dryer only does "HOT" and the timer is broken. But we're making due with what we have. And I totally agree with you - no sense to spend the extra $$ just for looks when these will do (and I personally think they will be just beautiful in a new, spiffed up room!).

LizzieBeth said...

you know you are an adult when you are bloggng about washers and dryers. Hahahah

LB

Danielle and Clint said...

Whoa, Lizzie...reality check! lol.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

I am also looking to redo our laundry area that no one sees. We didn't spend the money for a front loader, either. Why bother? Energy star was good enough for me!

Dolores said...

Good choice! I also purchased a top loader since my washer and dryer are behind closed doors. The extra money I saved was also a nice plus.

Shannon said...

I let my husband buy the fancy schmancy front loaders...and yet they sit in our boring, unfinished basement and no one gets to admire their front-loading beauty. But I am LOST as to how to make the area look any better, so I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Ashley M. said...

I think they look great. Honestly, we can't really afford the washers/dryers that are super fancy. We can't really afford half the stuff everyone else seems to have -- but we get by :) Love the laundry area project. Inspired me to take a look at ours (which, too, is in the basement!).

<3