Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Operation Curb Appeal

All summer I have said I would work on my yard and exterior of the house. Well, I think it's safe to say that time has passed. Since the weather is still nice, I am able to get a little work in before the cold hits.

On a recent trip to Home Depot, I scored an awesome deal on paint! That's right...$5 big ones! It was on the counter where paint is mixed. It was an "oops" can that needed a home.


Since our foundation could use some prettiness, we snagged it up!



I am pretty happy with the results. We still have some areas to finish up, but it's a start.



Next was the yard. We have this very sad looking bush in the front of our house. It's half dead and not very attractive.



A recent trip to a florist on Sunday fixed this problem! 50% off! I got it for $12!


There is still plenty to be done. Mostly painting. Will keep you posted.

5 comments:

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

We have also been working on our curb appeal this summer. Apparently it will stretch into fall, as the summer ended up much busier than anticipated!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

That paint really made a big difference! Your porch looks too cute :)

Janean said...

You've been busy! The front porch is a great improvement. Great deal too. Yay!

Kim @ Yellow Brick Home said...

Love "oops" paint. No oops about it!

Marcy Tate said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and it's really great. I grew up and lived in Oak Park until a few years ago, now I am in Casper, Wyoming. But the pics. of the outside of your home made me miss home! I write for http://www.networx.com and we recently put up an article about curb appeal. I am sure you'd appreciate it after the hard work you did on your curb appeal.
Here's the link- http://www.networx.com/article/exterior-home-improvements-to-increase-your-homes-value